|DR. ORJI TOBIAS IHIEGBULEM|
CURRENT RANK: CHIEF LECTURER
CONTACT ADDRESS: FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL),
PERMANENT HOME ADDRESS: UBAHADARA-AMORIE, UBULU, ORU-WEST L.G.A,
PHONE NUMBER: 08037027257, 08076072024.
VISION: MY VISION IS TO BE A FULFILED, REPUTABLE
RESEARCH PROJECT AND THESIS
1. First Degree Project: Factors of Choice of Biology Among Secondary Students in Oru Local Government Area of Imo State (1981)
2. Master’s Degree Thesis: Job Satisfaction among Post-Primary School Principles in Imo State of Nigeria (1985)
3. Doctorate Degree Thesis: Correlates of Job Satisfaction among Secondary School Principals in Imo State of Nigeria: Implications for Counselling (2006)
PROFESSIONAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE:
1. NYSC Biology lecturer, Kano State College of Education, Cumel, 1981/82 service year.
APPOINTMENT INTO BOARDS, PANELS AND COMMITTEES IN FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), OMOKU:
1. Member, College Academic Board, (1992 till date).
1. Editor-In- Chief Journal of Advancement in Teaching (2008 till date)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1. Members, Counselling Association of Nigeria, (1999 till date).
1. Member, Ubahadara-Amorie Ubulu peace-making committee (1986 – 1990)
2. Financial Secretary, Oru L.G.A, progressive association, Omoku branch (1991 till 1994)
3. Contributor, Ubahadara-Amorie Ubulu rural development scheme (1998 till date)
1. Ihiegbulem,O.T. (1992). Academic Performace of Nigerian Certificate in Education (Technical) students, with different entry requirements: A case study of FCE (T), Omoku.
2. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1993). The relationship between continuous assessment and examination scores of students in the cognitive domain. Delta Journal of Education Development, 1 (1), 91-102.
3. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1993). The motivational role of the guidance counselor in Students’ actualization of their education goals. Delta Journal of Educational Development, 1 (2) 76-85.
4. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1994).The relationship between continuous assessment and semester examination cognitive scores of NCE (T) students with different entry requirements. Journal of Studies in Technical Education, 1 (1), 93-103.
6. Ihiegbulem T.O. (1997) Enhancement of examination grades of students through effective evaluation. Journal of Technical Teacher Education, 2 (1), 69-74.
7. Ihiegbulem T.O. (1998). The Relationship between NCE (T), students score in the pre-requisite theoretical education courses and department practical courses. Journal of Studies Technical Teacher Education, 2 (1&2), 63-69.
8. Ihiegbulem T.O.(1998). Sex differences in academic performance of NCE (T) students in practical education courses. Journal of Technology and Education in Nigeria, 3, (1&2), 8-16.
9. Ihiegbulem T.O. (1999). The role of the guidance counselor in enhancing required standards among 21st century Nigerian Students in College of Education (Technical).
10. Ihiegbulem, T.O. (1999). Educational guidance service. A pivot for educational Success of Nigeria Post-Primary school students in the 21st century. Knowledge Review Journal, 1 (4). 67-71.
11. Ihiegbulem,O.T.(2000) Forms of husband abuse and prevention: Implications for effective marriage counseling. Nigerian Journal of Empirical Studies in Psychology and Education, 1 (2), 19-24.
12. Ihiegbulem O.T.(2000).Guidance and Counselling uses of students’ continuous assessment scores in enhancing functionality of their education. Knowledge Review Journal, 2 (4), 108-111.
13. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2000). Physical development of the Nigerian child: Implications for his successful Technical Education in the 21st century. Journal of Research in Contemporary Education. 1 (1), 56-61.
14. Ihiegblem, O.T. Obomanu, B.J And Ellah, I. (2000). Migrant fishermen’s children education in Rivers State: Issues and Prospects. Journal of Research in Contemporary Education, 1 (1), 185-196.
15. Ihiegbulem O.T. And Ihiegbulem V.N.(2001). Helping students in the University Basic Education Programme to acquire and develop science study skills. SITTED, 4 (1), 66-71.
16. Ihiegbulem O.T. And Ihiegbulem, V.N (2003). Enhancing national development through effective guidance and counseling at the family level. Nigerian Journal of Education, Science and Technology, 1, (1), 44-47.
17. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2003). Possible causes of husband abuse and their checks through effective marriage counseling. Omoku Journal of Woman in colleges of Education, 1, (1) 268-269.
18. Oguzor, N.S and Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2005). Continuity of acquisition of knowledge after formal education. Nigerian Journal of Professional Teachers, Maiden issue.
19. Ihiegbulem, O.T. Ihiegbulem,V.N. & Dimkpa, I. (2011). Effect of token economy on Academic Achievement of Secondary School Students: Implications for counseling. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 2 (4)87-95.
20. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1996). Scope, Nature and Meaning of Guidance and Counselling. In I.C. S. Ifeluni and C.N .Agbaegbu (eds). Guidance and Counselling and Special Education. Onitsha: Leotina (Nigeria) Limited.
22. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1997). Indivdual differences. In U. Dappa (ed). Developmental Psychology. Owerri: Cape Publishers International Limited.
23. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1998). The role of the counselor in controlling examination malpractice among post-primary and tertiary institutions students. In S. I. Okoli and I .U. Ezechi (eds). Problems of Nigerian Education in Perspective. Onitsha: Lincel Publishers.
25. Ihiegbulem O.T. (2000). Research variable, Research questions and Research hypothesis. In O. T. Ihiegbulem and C.M. Amini (ed). Basic Research Methods in Education. Owerri: Cape Publishers International Limited.
26. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2000). Testing of Research hypothesis. In O. T. Ihiegbulem and C.M. Amini (eds). Basic Research Methods in Education. Owerri: Cape Publishers International.
28. Ihiegbulem O.T (2000). The guidance-counselor in the 6-3-3-4 system of education. In K Babarinde (ed). Education and the Challege of Patrotism in Nigeria. Ijebu-Ode: PEAN.
30. Ihiegbulem O.T. (2010).Guidance and Counselling functions of the teacher in the UBE Programme.In B. Ubong (editor). Quality and Education for All. Omoku, Facet Services Limited.
32. Ihiegbulem O.T.(2000). Fundamental Concepts and Issues in Guidance and Counselling Owerri: Cape Publishers International Limited.
33. Ihiegbulem O.T. (2008). Fundamental Concepts and Issues in Guidance and Counselling (Revised edition) Owerri: Cape Publishers International limited
CONFERENCE, SEMINAR AND WORKSHOP PAPER:
34. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1989). Guidance for High academic performance. Lecture given to 1989/90 fresh students of Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, during their orientation, December 12.
35. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1990). Academic performance of NCE (T), Students with different entry qualifications. Paper presented at the senior staff seminar of Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, 22nd November.
36. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1992). An overview of Primary Science and Mathematics methodology. A paper presented at the Ideato-North L.G.A. Headmaster’s’ Workshop at Uruala, October, 1992.
37. Ihiegbulem O.T (1994). Effective evaluation of primary school: Focus on continuous assessment. A paper presented at the Oru L.G.A . Teachers’ Workshop at Mgbidi, December, 1994.
38. Ihiegbulem O.T. (1996). Physical and Psychomotor development of the Nigerian child: Implications for technical education in the 21st century Nigeria. A paper presented at the First National Conference of FCE (T), Omoku, 22nd – 24th May.
39. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1997). Meaning of, rationale for and features of continuous assessment. A paper presented at the workshop on the use of continuous assessment/terminal report booklets for the FCE(T) Staff Nursery and Primary School teachers, 6th March.
40. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (1999). Expected learning problems of the 21st century Nigeria mentally gifted learn and their possible solutions. A paper presented at the special End-of-Century international Century Conference at Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, 3rd -6th August
41. Ihiegbulem, O.T.(2000). The preliminary part and chapters one and two of a typical research report. A paper presented at the seminar/workshop on students’ project supervision for lecturers of the F.CE (T), Omoku, 12th July.
43. Ihiegbulem O.T. (2000). Helping students in the Universal Basic Education Programmes to form and develop good effective study habits. A paper presented at the third national conference of the FCC (T), Omoku, 16h – 18th November.
44. Particpant in the two-day round-table workshop organized by National Commission for Colleges of Education at Abuja, for Heads of primary Education Studies Department from 8th – 9th November, 2005.
45. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2008).Gender Differences in job Satisfaction among secondary school principals in Imo State of Nigeria: Implications for sustainable development. A paper presented at the First National Conference of The Nigerian National Association for Gender Equity, held at the University of Port Harcourt, 10th -14th March.
46. Ihiegbulem, O.T. (2008).Guidance and Counselling functions of the Teacher in Promoting Quality Education at the Primary Level of the Universal Basic Education Programme. A paper presented at the 20th Annual National conference of Association for Promoting Quality Education in Nigeria, Held at Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, 25th -28th November.
47. Ihiegbulem O.T. (2009). The conference Participant: preparing for and presenting conference and seminar papers. A paper presented in a seminar for new lectures of Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, Rivers State on the 22nd of July, 2009.
48. Ihiegbulem,O.T And Ikeyiri, E..(2010). Parental Influence on career choice of children implications for counseling parents. A paper presented at the 2010 Annual Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria at Enugu Campus of University of Nigeria Nsukka, 2nd -6th of August, 2010.
1. In-door Games
1. Dr. N.S Oguzo (JP).Provost Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku.